Friday, November 17, 2006

Ibiki's Back

Hi! Those of you who have been here before will notice I've changed the Nest's layout and colour since last Thursday. I hope you like the new look.
Naruto
I apologize for the lateness of this post. Blogger had some down time last night and I was too tired to wait it out.

*~*Chapter 331 Spoilers*~*

This was a good chapter. Last chapter seemed just a little unsatisfactory to me, perhaps because not much happened. This time, however, it's clear that the big thing we've been waiting for is about to begin. Just like at the beginning of the Gaara Rescue arc, the teams are getting ready to move.
Tsunade and Team 10
Team 10 assembled at the gate but were stopped by Tsunade, who acting like a mother tried to call them back. Shikamaru wasn't having any of it and Chouji and Ino were in silent agreement with him. Clearly, they want to complete their mission.

Just as it seemed that Team 10 would be forced to stay in Konoha, Kakashi arrived on the scene claiming that he'd be happy to act as Team 10's captain for the mission, in Asuma's stead.
Kakashi Arrives
Now here's where things start looking a little suspicious to me. The bandage on Kakashi's hand could mean one of two things:

  • Kakashi was injured during Naruto's training
  • Naruto was injured during his training and transformed into Kakashi

Either seem perfectly believable to me. Considering the fact that Naruto has almost perfected the Kaze Rasengan and no longer needs Kakashi's help, and the fact that Naruto has loads of Kage Bunshin and could easily sneak off.
Bandaged Hand
It's logical that Naruto would sneak off, being his usual reckless self it would seem a little odd for him to stay behind and continue training after the death of someone close to him. Let's face it, Naruto doesn't have many people who have accepted him; Asuma was one of the first, before even Tsunade.

I don't mind either way. I just think it's a little bland if Team 10 and Kakashi do set off and 24 hours later Team 7 set off as well. If Naruto was posing as Kakashi, it'd add a new level of depth to the plot, don't you think? Heh heh!
Akatsuki Statue
We saw the final stage of the Sanbi sealing, the pupil appearing in one of the statue's nine eyes. Five of the eyes now have pupils, which means Akatsuki have more than half of the Biju in their possession. Only four more to go, the middle eye reserved for Kyuubi, no doubt. If Nibi is sealed, then Akatsuki will need only three more Biju, including Kyuubi. The extraction of Nibi is about to commence...
Yugito
I wonder if the Yugito, the Nibi Jinchuuriki, can be saved. At the moment, this whole scenario certainly reminds me of the Gaara Rescue arc. Everyone rushing off to find Akatsuki. Problem is, this time they're nowhere near the location where the extraction is taking place. So the best they can do for Yugito is to hinder Hidan and Kakuzu. Now if Cloud Village were to contact Konoha... Well, I guess we'll wait and see. At this point, suffice it to say that I believe Nibi will be sealed and Yugito will die. Though I may change my opinion on that later.
Torture Time
Biggest laugh of the chapter? Ibiki, of course! Striding into the Bounty Station like he owns the place and demanding of fugly-filler-looking guy the whereabouts of Kakuzu. "I'll MAKE you tell me!" God, that is so funny. I'm glad that bounty bastard is finally going to get what's coming to him. The only guy to show at his funeral will be Kakuzu in thanks for all the money he's given him over the years.
Tsunade, Shizune and Sakura
Team 10 and Kakashi have left Konoha and are forming their strategy. Sakura has been asked to inform Yamato that if Naruto's training isn't complete in 24 hours Team 7 cannot participate in the mission. Shizune has been asked to arrange for another team who can contact Team 10 to be made ready in case Team 7 cannot act as back up; Team 8 or Team Gai, perhaps?

It's difficult to predict what will happen from here. I just anticipate something amazing.

*~*End of Spoilers*~*

Now, I happen to like every conceivable pairing in the Naruto series. I mean that quite literally. ItaChou? Love it! Therefore, I have no biased opinions about pairings, whether I think they have canon potential or not.
Rest by the River
However, I do have my preferences. And from the day dot I've loved NaruSaku. In fact, once I had caught up with the story and started exploring the fandom, I was surprised how few fans NaruSaku had. I've never felt I've been able to describe the deep feelings I sense between the two of them sufficiently.

Luckily, I no longer need to bother. As Mizura (or heronite) has composed a beautiful NaruSaku Manifesto for all to read! Now, I'm not going to lie to you, it's a long read. Ever heard the NaruHina phrase "a patient love"? Well, after reading this manifesto you'll see how much more of a patient love NaruSaku is. Seriously, it needs to be that long to fully describe the relationship and the development between them.
Lil Copy Nins
I read the whole manifesto over two days and I wasn't disappointed. It's a wonderful read, with just the right amount of pictures to bring relief from the text. So when you have some time, I urge you to read this manifesto, even if you hate Sakura and dislike NaruSaku. Trust me, read it and it will dispel any prejudices you have.
Gaara, Naruto and Sasuke
I also discovered an interesting site that I can't believe I haven't seen before; RawManga. It has every raw chapter of Naruto cleaned and up for download. Now I can't speak, let alone read Japanese, but having the Japanese there is good for things in the English fandom. Such as coloured pages, icons, etc. Having the Japanese there makes it look a little more interesting, ne?

As always, I'll be back again with a new update next Thursday/Friday, when the next manga chapter is released. Have a nice week, all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yugito will live I tells ya! LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ROFL! I know!! Tsunade's cleavage is enough to make anyone stare.

~Ed

Nettie said...

You think Yugito will live then? I'm not sure, but at this stage I'm leaning more toward the idea that she'll proper die, unlike Gaara who came back to life. She'll be the first Jinchuuriki we've actually seen to die, methinks. It'd add more drama to Naruto's situation. Of course, later circumstances may change my opinion on that. XD

I love the Naruto women! They are so unappreciated! XD I hope the female Akatsuki member isn't a healer. I'm sorry but if she's the Akatsuki Medic-nin that'd suck SO bad.

Anonymous said...

Either Yugito won't get extracted. (Will escape somehow). Or somehow the extraction itself won't kill her. I really don't see why Kishi would give her face/name/village/panel time, if something doesn't happen with her. XD But then she could still die, and it looks very likely at the mo. XD But for some reason I still think she'll live!!

Naruto women rock dude! Sakura's shot so far up in my fave characters list lately. XD She's like tied with Gaara! *Gasp* I think that NaruSaku manifesto may be responsible. XD If Bluehair is a medic I will cry! I want her to be some badass taijutsu user. *_*

Okay I rambled enough. QUACK!

Nettie said...

Heh heh! I love Sakura too! XD

But I still reckon Yugito will die. I just can't see her being a main character if she somehow manages to survive after her demon is extracted. And it WILL be extracted, most definitely. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it seems obvious that Kyuubi will be the last demon Akatsuki are after.

If she'll serve any useful purpose, it'll be as fuel for Naruto's hatred of Akatsuki, when he sees another Jinchuuriki dead.

At least, thats what it seems like at the mo. A lot can happen very quickly to change your opinion on these kind of things. XD