Friday, July 14, 2006

World's Weekend

Hello, Nest visitors!
I come bearing yet another Naruto-packed, long-ass update.

**Manga Chapter 315 Spoilers**
I liked this chapter. I didn't mind the lack of Naruto in the last chapter, because it had Akatsuki in it. But nevertheless, I'm glad he's back in 315. It's very interesting to know that with Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, Naruto can learn much faster, due to the increased amount of brain power and experience.
Mass Kage Bunshin Training Method
It's about time, usuratonkachi. -_-;;
Though I'm rather surprised that Kishimoto so suddenly revealed Kakashi's estimate of Naruto's amount of chakra. So, with the Nine-Tails' murderous influence kept out of the way, Naruto could have 100 times the amount of chakra that Kakashi has.
100 Times More Chakra
Click to Full-View
It's been strongly hinted at throughout the story that Naruto has a vast amount of chakra, even without the Kyuubi. It seems that some loose ends are finally starting to be tied up. I've known from the start that Naruto was powerful, which is why I get rather annoyed when people immediately assume that he's weak and useless without Kyuubi. Unlike Gaara, who relies totally on his special sand during a fight, Naruto is a powerful Shinobi without the help of his Biju. And as Jiraiya said to Orochimaru: "Guts are what make a person strong. The courage to put your life on the line. He has that ... in spades."
Timeskip Naruto
It will be interesting to see what the rest of the fandom make of these recent developments. I wonder what excuses the Uchiha fanboys will come up with. Heh heh! To me, even though I love Sasuke dearly, he was strongest way back in the Forest of Death, when he finally took Naruto's advice, and fought all out against Orochimaru. But since the Curse Seal, and then Itachi, he's lost that fighting spirit that made him such an admirable Shinobi. And now, after three years away from his friends, he seems empty, devoid of any desire other than that of killing his brother.

It's good to see Yamato again too. I imagine that if this training goes on for several chapters, there will be quite a few KakaYama fans. Heh heh! Nah, to me Kakashi will always be single. He suits it anyway.
**End of Spoilers**

This week I've been addicted to the Yondaime Hokage. Yup, I know he's a dead guy, but he's just so damn handsome. He seems like a heroic figure of the past, but it really wasn't all that long ago that he was around. He's still a pivotal character in the series, his past actions having affected the lives of everyone in Konoha - especially Naruto. I'm a collector of fanart featuring Naruto and the Yondaime, though seeing them together makes me sad, thinking about what could have been.

I found a Japanese fanart site called World's Weekend which has many brilliant pictures of the Yondaime. Here's a small sample:-
Example of Yondaime Fanart
The site has quite a few JiraYon pictures. I can overlook this easily, but I know that some people become violently enraged when they see a ship that isn't their own. So if the idea of some very light JiraYon fanart sends you into a killing rage - don't enter the site. ^_^

I wish I could tell the artist how much I love her work, but alas, I cannot write in Japanese. Heck, my computer doesn't even show Japanese text, I just see a load of '?????s' when I visit a Japanese website. Apparently there's a way to install the language, but since I can't read it anyway I don't see the point.
Naruto Desktop
I just love Naruto's dumb face.
My God, I'm tired. It's like, 4 in the morning here in England right now, so I'm going to end this update here.

I'm still writing the SasuNaru One-Shot that I mentioned last week. I have the rest of it planned out, I just need to sit down and finish it. If all goes to plans, not only will it be my first shounen-ai, but it will be my first story with light lime (a bit of making out). It may be complete by next week, or perhaps I'll never complete it... ^^;;

Hope this post kept you entertained for a little while. There'll be another next week. Later!

No comments: