Friday, July 07, 2006

Seme/Uke Wars

This post contains both manga spoilers and SasuNaru fandom rantage. Don't feel like reading? Well, you can always just close the page. ^_^

**314 Spoilers**

An interesting chapter; some things finally seem to be coming together. And apparently Asuma actually is related to the Sandaime Hokage, he's only his freaking son! My God, Kishimoto is unpredictable. And here I really thought they just shared a common name...
Sandaime and Asuma
Well, last week I didn't like Hidan, but this chapter has once again changed my opinion of him. I think I'm starting to like Kakuzu and Hidan. They're rather complex characters. And yay! We saw Zetsu! Didn't I tell you a few weeks ago that I had a weird Zetsu-craving going on? Now I'm happy. Zetsu is so very creepy and cute.
Zetsu Complaining in 314
Aww, poor Zetsu gets sad when there's just one body... o_O
I can't really guess at the Jutsu Kakashi plans to teach Naruto anymore than I could last week. Unless I've read a flawed Scanlation, or I missed something, I can't see any further clues to what the technique could be. Kishi sure does love to drag things out.

But the highlight of the entire chapter was, for me, the evidence that further supports the very awesome Tengu Theory. If you haven't read it yet, then I'm rather disappointed in you, child. Get your ass over to NF and read it, or you won't understand the rest of these 314 spoilers.
314 Tengu and Sojobo Statues
Click to Full-View, Please
I'm really pleased that this wonderfully dark and brilliantly planned theory is coming into play. Kishimoto is truly a genius of storytelling.
**End of Spoilers**

I come bearing a rant this time. It's about seme/uke wars in the SasuNaru fandom. At first I wasn't bothered by them. I know what I prefer and that's all that matters to me.

Lately, however, it seems that I'm continually being assailed by post after post in support of "seme!Naruto" or "seme!Sasuke". And I can tell you now, I'm fucking sick of it. I don't care how detailed your rants are, or how overwhelming your evidence is. I like what I like, and I don't give a shit about how wrong you think I am. Really, I'm trying to enjoy my fandom, and these losers keep trolling and causing flame wars on every LJ Community and Forum I visit. I know I can't stop them, and I have no inclination to. Let them bitch about how everyone should love "seme!Naruto" or "seme!Sasuke" if they feel they need to. From now on though, I'm avoiding forums (with the exception of theory threads) and I'm ignoring all pairing rants posted on SasuxNaru Comm and elsewhere.
Irked Naruto AvatarAnko AvatarGaaNaru Love You Avatar
100x100, avs by me, art not, use freely.
It's not a difficult thing to grasp, is it? If "seme!Sasuke" or "seme!Naruto" does absolutely nothing for you, it doesn't make it wrong. It doesn't make it "non-canonical". It makes it fucking boring to you. So leave it to the fans of it, while you enjoy what you enjoy in peace.

Personally, I find this whole seme/uke wars business to be utterly ridiculous and rather frustrating. It creates a rift between SasuNaru and NaruSasu fans. We all ship the same two boys, don't we? Why can't we all be unified against SasuSaku?

I know that there are many people who don't have seme/uke preferences at all, and enjoy all aspects of the SasuNaru fandom. I'm afraid to say that I am not one of them. Having Naruto on top does nothing for me, it's not my fault, my body just refuses to react to it. But I by no means dislike NaruSasu. On the contrary, I find NaruSasu fanart amusing. But I'm not ... ehem, 'engaged' by it as I am with SasuNaru.

So please, shall we all try to cut down on these pointless arguments? No-one is ever going to back down from "seme!Sasuke" or "seme!Naruto" if that's what turns them on, so stop crapping on other people's fun. If you don't like or agree with something, don't view it. It's as simple as that.
Sasuke vs Naruto, I'm Seme! It's Canonically Logical, Bitch!
Coloured by black-straycat, sillyness added by me.
I don't give a flying pig's ass if some 12-year-old out there is writing a terrible fanfic about Sasuke wearing a frilly pink dress and Naruto giving birth to triplets, because I know for a fact that I'm never going to read it. But does the thought of someone writing it make you angry? Angry enough to rant about it? Does the thought of someone reading it make you even angrier? If so, seek professional help, because this is only a fucking fandom, and if you need to attend anger management sessions over it then you really are Narutarded.

Whew! End of rant. That's a lot off my chest. It's just all of this negative stuff I've been seeing lately, that's what makes me angry rather than the crap they're ranting about.

Oh, I almost forgot, I've been working on a SasuNaru One-Shot. It's my first ever shounen-ai story, and it seems to be going well so far. I'm afraid it's an AU, but I keep them very much in character and since it's only a One-Shot there's not much development to the environment anyway. I hope to finish it soon, but please don't be surprised if I drop the project, because it happens so often with me. I lose the flow of a story and give up. I just find it very difficult to finish a story if I find it unsatisfactory at any point. I tend to be very critical of my own work.
Ultimate Chidori Wallpaper
This week I have Sasuke wallpaper! *le gasp*
I'd like to add an apology for my earlier bad language, in the rantage. I know that it's rather unattractive, but I simply felt the need to emphasize some points without using annoying italics.

Hope you've enjoyed this post, be sure to check back next Thursday or Friday, depending on when the hell they decide to release the next manga chapter. Peace out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I was right Asuma is his son!!!!!!! XD ^^ I kinda thought it was obvious they were related, with the looks, smoking, and name thing. XD But anywho! I'm sure he's also Konohamaru's Uncle and not his Dad! XD
LOL Hidan Kakzzwhateverhisnameisiwillgetiteventually
are hilarious! Religion and money, two of the world's evils! XD And I read the Tengu thing!

Kya! I agree about pairing wars! I mean having arguments within your own ship is just sad. XD It's just down to personal preferences people! ^^

I hope your new fanfic venture is successful! XD

Jya ne!

~ Ed, AKA The Lizard Queen, AKA Sasha ^_^

Nettie said...

Sankyu, Sasha-chan! XD

Kakuzu and Hidan make me laugh. They are truly worthy freaks of the Akatsuki Organization.

Heh heh! And yup, I'll try my best with that fanfic. I'm proud to say I finally managed to avoid the old Ramen-Stand setting. XD