Thursday, July 27, 2006

Akatsuki Organization

Hi there!
Back again, after another long summer week. There have been loads of thunderstorms here in the South-East of England, it's really pretty awesome.

**Naruto Chapter 317 Spoilers**

Things are getting interesting again. Naruto's training is progressing swiftly, and after seeking Asuma's help, he is now well on his way to controlling Wind natured chakra.
Wind Nature Chakra
We finally saw Deidara and Tobi again! Tobi is as Obito-ish as ever, and Deidara appears to have re-attached at least one of his arms. Tobi is now a full-fledged member of Akatsuki, and was made to fight the Three Tails - Sanbi, which looks like a huge, turtle monster. Tobi, convinced (probably rightly so) that he was in way over his head, ran from the beast, allowing Deidara to step in and blast the creature with a fish molded of Explosive Clay.

This chapter provided a full colour picture of the entire Akatsuki Organization (excluding the deceased Sasori).
Akatsuki Organization by Kishimoto
Click to Full-View
As you can see, the unknown member is the one with the blue head. The Akatsuki Leader is the man in the background, facing away. He has brownish hair! I absolutely adore the Akatsuki Leader, he's just so mysterious and hot, in a totally anonymous way. I may even be disappointed when his face is finally revealed. I personally love his formless, shadowed face.

By the way, if you haven't seen pokefreak's Akatsuki Organization picture, then you definitely should! It depicts the whole organization, standing in a line, with the Leader in the middle.

The Akatsuki members I like looking at most are probably Sasori, Zetsu, AL and Hidan. They each have something about them that draws me in. Though I am a big fan of the other members, I could stare at those four all day. Each for their different reasons:
Sasori - I love his (real) face. I love watching his expressions.
Zetsu - He looks so lonely. I like plantlife.
AL - He's just mysterious, and I love his ringed eyes and hair cut.
Hidan - There's something aristocratic and arrogant about his face. I'd like to see him furious.

Sasori, Zetsu, AL, Hidan
The sole surviving Monk from the Fire Temple reached Konoha, and informed Tsunade of Akatsuki's movements. Tsunade is ready to take action, and wants to be sure that Hidan and Kakuzu do not leave the Fire Country alive. She decides to call on the newly formed Nijyuu Shoutai.
Nijyuu Shoutai
Click to Full-View
So this is the "Dawn of a Nightmare"... Let there be angst! Please, let there be angst!
**End of Spoilers**

This week I spent most of my computer time reading fanfiction, and updating my Fic Rec List. I still have some modifications to make, and will be adding another new story soon. New stories are marked like this - NEW!

I cleared the post up somewhat, as it was a mass of HTML, and was a real pain to update before. Now it's nice and simple again. I was really surprised with how useful people have found it. I've had comments and emails from five different people so far, thanking me for putting up the Rec List. So I guess my efforts weren't in vain! ^_^
Fic Rec List Banner
I made this banner for it. It will appear in the sidebar. (-->)
Naruto is finally airing on UK television. The problem is, Jetix, the channel that airs it, has made further cuts to the English dubbed version. Honestly, what's good to show American kids should be fine to show here, yet Jetix seems to feel the need to shield viewers from Sandaime's pipe, shuriken and kunai. All references to killing have been cut, and overall it apparently doesn't make much sense as a story as a result of this editing. I say 'apparently' because I didn't bother to watch it after all, and neither did my brother. Just as well really, because I've seen nothing but critiscism of it.
Shruiken School
No shruiken allowed on Naruto.
But Jetix air another show called Shuriken School!

Luckily, Jetix have only purchased the first 26 episodes. Honestly though, God knows how they'll get through the Wave Country Arc with the kind of cuts they're making. They obviously haven't even watched the episodes. Oh well, if Naruto's going to fail in the UK, then so be it. I'd really hate it to become something like Pokémon anyway... ^^;;

In other news, Paper Demon, a website for art and writing, is becoming more abundant in Naruto fanart. PaperDemon.com is a wonderful community for any artist or writer, the members there are very friendly, and the forums are fun. So check it out! The webmistress, BogusRed, is a really cool person, who actually listens to the suggestions of the members and uses them to improve the site.
Paper Demon Banner
The site is aimed at people over the age of 13, so the community there are mature and comment nicely. I'm a Forum Moderator for the site, and as such I visit every day, and I've recently noted that Naruto has grown more popular on the site, so if you have some Naruto fanart or fanfiction, sign up and post it there! I may even comment, especially if it's SasuNaru. ^_^

Speaking of fanart, the site of wamuu is a Japanese fansite with the cutest GaaNaru art I've ever seen! Just enter the site, then click on the little coloured mushrooms to view the different pictures.
GaaNaru example of wamuu art
Example of wamuu fanart!
That's it for this week. Join me again next week for another Naruto-packed update, with my opinion of Chapter 318... Which better have angst! Or at least the beginnings of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this weeks chapter rocked!!!! I love Akatsuki! TOBI WAS HILARIOUS! 'AHH! It's AFTER ME!!' and the panel with Deidara blowing him up was so goddamn funny! And also, I love seeing Dei-man again!!!!! ^^ and, and Shikamaru is hawt too <333

Okay the Akatsuki members' faces that intrigue me are:
Kisame - (dude everyone knows why <333)
Itachi - Uhh his face is like hypnotising!
Leader - OMG HE HAS ORANGE HAIR HE IS KUROSAKI ICHIGO FROM BLEACH!!! and dude he's so mysterious XD
Hidan - Yeah! Same reason as you! XD

Ah fuck it, they're all intriguing! XDDD

OMGWTFBBQJETIXSHURIKENSCHOOLJUSTDIEDIEDIE
hehe! I went to that jap site kyoot! And then I went to a buzillion other jap sites, and now I wanna send you 50 million pics! ^_^

JYA NE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Sasha

Nettie said...

Wow, too much sugar? XD

Ya, I'm just so in love with Akatsuki! I don't even know my favourite members, cos I love 'em all so much! XD

There are so many brilliant Japanese fansites. I have a whole folder for them in my bookmarks. ^^