Saturday, August 05, 2006

ItaNaru Fansite

I apologise for the extreme lateness of this 'Thursday' update. My Internet connection was non-existant for most of Thursday, and I had my hair dyed a shocking red. o_0;; On top of that I had to move all of my stuff out of my bedroom yesterday. And today I've been decorating. So I've been busy.
Anyway, moving on...

**Spoilers for Ch318 of the Naruto Manga**
I really loved this chapter.

The training method that Kakashi devised for Naruto seems to be working brilliantly. It's practical, doesn't require much thought-power. Perfect for our fox-boy. By slashing the leaf in two with his wind chakra, he's taken the first step to mastering chakra nature manipulation. Next he'll be slashing a waterfall, after that he'll be ready to use wind chakra in combat, according to Kakashi.
KakaNaru Lovin!
This'll make for a good KakaNaru icon! Heh heh!
Of course, what really made chapter 318 so great was the hilarious Deidara/Tobi interaction. Poor Tobi keeps jokingly provoking Deidara into an explosive rage - literally.
DeiTobi Big Mouths
It also turns out the the Sanbi wasn't a Jinchuuriki. It was merely a Biju, and a dumb one at that, unlike the Kyuubi. Thus it lacked the capacity to use it's power to its full potential, and was easily brought down.

I noticed how Kishi kept switching from Naruto's training to the Akatsuki rather abruptly. This is probably to emphasize the feeling of impending trouble. Akatsuki are getting close, they're progressing with their mission to collect the Biju swiftly. Naruto will once again be a target very soon.
What's With Those Piss-Ass Eyes?
It may just be my scanlation, but this just cracked me up.
Hidan and Kakuzu seem as argumentative as ever. Seriously, those guys just need to admit their deep feelings for each other and jump in the sack together! If nothing else, perhaps it'd calm that air of potent sexual frustration around those two.

Finally, the chapter ended on a more serious note. It turns out that Asuma and Shikamaru are a part of the "Twenty Small Brigades", and are going Akatsuki hunting. More specifically; Hidan and Kakuzu hunting. So the hunters are about to become the hunted. Oh, the sweet irony!

Overall, this chapter is the funniest in a long time. While I didn't get my angst, the Akatsuki hilarity more than made up for it. I hope the next chapter will be as good.

Incidentally, I've heard that there will be no manga chapter released next week.
**End of Spoilers**

This week I was going to do a rant on pairings and the typical type of bad fanfiction that is written about them. But I'm in too good a mood to rant effectively, so you'll just have to settle for a happy post. ^^

I've been going through a big SasuNaru stage recently. But I've finally grown a little bored with it, and have retreated back into ItaNaru, and my other favourite pairings, for my entertainment.

After searching unsuccessfully for any new ItaNaru fanart, I told my good friend Sasha about the lack of ItaNaru fansites. She did a search, and found a Japanese ItaNaru fansite.

An important thing to remember is that most Japanese fansites have affiliates. In other words; if you check the "links" section of each fansite, you are liable to find links to many other similar websites. So be sure to do so! I've found so many fansites through doing this.

Just so you know, I'm going away on holiday on Friday the 11th of August. I'll be away for two weeks, so I'll be skipping a couple of updates here. I'll try to cook up something special for when I return. Since there will be no manga chapter next week, I'll do a special update with a Summer Slideshow on Thursday.
Later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOBI RULES!!!!!!!!!

TOBI FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well actually if you have read all the manga, Tobi kinda sucks ...

Itachi rules though :D

Anonymous said...

OMG they both rule XD

Jeanne DeWees said...

Do you knwo a place with lots of good itanaru/itasasu fanfictions?