Friday, June 09, 2006

Sai

First off, this update was delayed due to the lateness of manga chapter 310. ¬_¬ It was way into Friday before it was released, for us here in England anyway. And I only have free time on my hands to compose updates in the evening.

**Spoilers for Chapter 310**
I thought 310 was a sweet chapter. I'm happy for Sai, finally having found happiness in his new friends. I'm also glad for the whole NaruSaku 'we'll get strong together' thing. That's what I love about NaruSaku, Sakura has found someone she can depend on and stay together with in Naruto. I just find that very cute.

I know for a fact that some people are going to be pissed off at the 'sappiness' of the latest chapter. Personally though, I think Kishi handled it perfectly. Naruto's angst and self-loathing only lasted for a single chapter, and Sai has become a full-fledged good guy. It wasn't dragged-out and boring, it was expressed powerfully in a few simple pages.
**End of Spoilers**
Which brings me to the main topic of today's update; Sai. He pissed off the more serious Naruto fans by denouncing said character's penis. He pissed off the Sasuke-lovers by 'taking his place' on Team Kakashi. And he annoyed people in general by his rude and witty comments, and depthless personality.
Sai kneeling with fake smile
Personally, I had no particular opinion of Sai at the beginning of this manga arc. The reactions his clever remarks evoked from Naruto kept me amused, and I found his mysterious drawings rather cute. It was only after he approached Orochimaru, with no regard to his own life, that I began to pity him. As his past was unveiled it became obvious that he'd led a difficult life. An orphan raised as a warrior, purged of all emotion, and unable to understand the complexities of the people around him. But as he was developed it became clear that poor Sai was really just like a friendly robot boy, trying desperately to decipher human emotion.

That's why I'm glad that he's befriended Naruto and Sakura, and hasn't been callously killed-off. He really deserves some happiness.

My predictions for the next chapter; I really have no clue. It looks like Yamato, Naruto, Sakura and Sai are off on another mission. I have a feeling that we'll be straight into something significant again. Well, whatever happens we can rest assured it's going to be good.
Sad Zetsu
Poor Mr. Zetsu, he looks so lonely. He needs a hug! ... Volunteers?
... I don't know why but I really want to see Zetsu in the manga again. o_O He's not even my favourite Akatsuki guy, but I just have a Zetsu-craving going on.

For the past week I haven't really been at my computer much, due to the hot weather and some new duties. The summer's really here now. So I haven't found anything in the way of fanfiction and fanart. However, all is not lost, as I do have some things to reccommend.

For fanfiction; white, surge red by Sugahlei. Basically, this is a story about the complex character's of Naruto and Sasuke. Sugahlei keeps them in perfect character, all the way down to Sasuke's (smexy) near-insanity. This is the best damn SasuNaru fanfic I've come across, and I want it updated, dattebayo! So read it and review supportively, and maybe the update will be released sooner. The last update was late last January, but in my desperation I've visited the author's blog and she's apparently still working on it. So let's all show our support!

If you're not unnessarily completely opposed to browsing Japanese websites, then check out Keroyon-Jima's Website. There is a lot of brilliant Naruto fanart there. Just keep clicking. Heh heh!

So, to make up for the lateness of this update (it's been more than a week! Ack! >_<) I've decided to work on a fanfiction rec list. And I might add in some good Naruto galleries too. I have no idea when it'll be up, but it won't be a regular post on Thursday; it'll be an extra. Now I wish you a prosperous week, and please enjoy this SasuNaruSai video by shuqra that I've just been linked to - Wedding Day in Otogakure.

No comments: