Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Tengu Theory

It's a beautiful Thursday evening here in England, and I figure it's time for a long-ass update to this blog.

**Spoilers for Chapter 312**
Today I got impatient so I downloaded the LQ Scanlation from MangaHelpers.

It's not a bad chapter. I'm quite happy to see Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji and Asuma again. And their introduction to Sai was amusing. That poor boy really is socially inept! And it seems like those SaiIno fans finally got some proper canon evidence. Heh heh! Good for them.

I was disappointed about the lack of information about Naruto's training. Though from the clues it does seem like he'll be learning something big, like the Yondaime's Hiraishin no Jutsu, with the help of Kakashi's Mangekyou Sharingan to slow time. That's just a personal theory though, I'm not sure that it will happen. Though I feel there is plenty of evidence to support this. There's even some obscure evidence on earlier manga chapter covers, where Naruto is holding many kunai, which are used in the Hiraishin technique:-
Naruto Manga Cover Clips In Which He Is Holding Many Kunai
And the ending was interesting. Two new Akatsuki members, two new freaks to add to the show, Kakuzu and Hidan. They are after a female Jinchuuriki, the Two-Tails (or Nibi). The Two-Tails is reputed to be the Nekomata (cat). And it seems that Tsunade has been informed of the whereabouts of them, and will be taking action.
Hidan and Kakuzu, the new Akatsuki guys
Can't wait for the crack on these two.
EDIT: LOL I should've known -
Hidan Lookalike
Makes me wonder though, if Naruto is supposed to be training with Kakashi, who's going to go after these new Akatsuki guys? It seems odd that Naruto may not be going on this mission.
**End of 312 Spoilers**

I'm going to be adding some new videos to the AMV Archive, so be sure to check them out. I highly recommend every video I put in there.

I completely forgot about to add this in my last update; my friend, Sasha, has made a Photobucket gallery for LeeGaa. If you're a LeeGaa fan, check it out, there is much cute and brilliant art there - LeeGaara Album.

I also found another Japanese fanart site with adorable Naruto fanart - Haruka. This artist is a girl after my own heart; totally Uzumaki-centric shipping. Heh heh!
Example of Haruka's Art
An example of the art at this site. You may be familiar with it.
Now for the obligatory rant: While I was browsing NF, I came across some crazy NaruHina fans talking about the 'filler evidence' of their favourite ship, I was infuriated. Seriously, it takes a lot to really piss me off, but these people were just too much. I mean 'filler evidence'? The very phrase is enough to make my blood boil. Have they lost their minds? Kishimoto has little to nothing to do with the anime, and certainly not the fillers. Anything within the fillers is no more canon than fanfiction. Very bad fanfiction. I've vowed to add anyone else who even mentions 'filler evidence' to my NF Ignore List - permanently. That's how angry I am at those baka NaruHinatards.

Don't get me wrong, I actually find canon NaruHina interaction to be extremely cute, though I don't believe they will end up together. I just don't respect people who try to lord their ship over everyone else's using fillers, for God's sake. That's just wrong. Luckily, anyone who's anyone isn't having any of this 'filler evidence' crap. I don't take anything that happens in the fillers seriously, and nobody should, because it's not part of the story.
Naruto Riceball Made by Hinata in a Filler Ep
This adorable riceball was made by Hinata in a filler ep.
It's cute, but not canon.

Speaking of NF, last week I was linked to the best damn theory I've ever read. It's called The Dark History of Uchiha: The Bloodline of Tengu, and it is definitely a must-read. Perfectly consructed with clear paragraphs and manga & outside evidence. Read it and be amazed if you're up-to-date on the manga. Personally, I believe that this theory is on the right track, but there will obviously be some things that Kishimoto will do differently. After all, we never can quite predict what will happen next.

That's all for this update. I have finally started on that fic rec list I promised. Hopefully it'll be up sometime around this weekend. I've also made a special SasuNaru slideshow to go with it. So expect an extra post before Thursday. And I apologize in advance if it is not up before next Thursday, but if so you can expect it very soon afterwards. Remember, a good rec list takes time! ^^

Now I'm off to Japflap to download the high quality Scanlation of 311. Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In what chapter cover is that picture of Naruto with many kunai shown?

Nettie said...

Sorry for the late reply. I just stuck those images of Naruto with the kunai together. But if you're referring to the bottom-right picture with Naruto with a few Kunai in his mouth, the full image can be found here - http://gallery.digik.net/view/5183

Not sure what chapter cover it's from though, I only started reading the manga post time-skip.

Anonymous said...

naruhina will happen!!!!!!!! if not narusaku will