Friday, September 29, 2006

Better Late than Never

Hello!
Kyuubi Naruto
Yes, I know this post is a day late, but it wasn't intended that way. I had almost finished this post when I left the room for the toilet. My younger brother, being the annoying little turd he is, wandered into my room, shut down my Firefox window, and left without saying a word. I'm sure he did it unintentionally; he hates to see me furious, but even so... Why is he such an idiot?

*~*Spoilers for Chapter 325*~*

I'm a little disappointed. Rather than the interesting step-by-step strategy we have come to expect from Shikamaru, he merely forced Hidan out of his circle, thus breaking the curse, and leaving Hidan open to have his head lobbed off by Asuma.
Asuma Cuttins Hidan's Head Off!!
I mean, whoop-dee-fuckin'-doo! Sure, the gore was cool, but the plan was so ... mundane. A bit of a let down, considering I was awaiting some amazing display of pure genius.

Nevertheless, Kakuzu, Asuma and the supporting Chuunins were deeply impressed by Shikamaru's insight.
High Praise from Kakuzu
High praise, indeed, from this stingy bastard.
Even Hidan was surprised by Shikamaru's quick thinking, and appeared anxious.
Help Me, Kakuzu!!
I must admit, I whispered "No!" when I saw the dramatic beheading of Hidan. I was worried that it was the end of him. Needless to say, when I saw his head was still talking I was relieved, if a little grossed-out ... and also laughing my ass off.
You're a Goddamned head and you're yelling at me?!
This is priceless.
I don't want any of the Akatsuki to die yet, and I have a feeling they won't, seeing as how nine members are needed for the Organization's plan to work. We still haven't seen what they're up to, and Naruto hasn't genuinely fought against them yet. Remember, Sasori only died to make way for Tobi, who I believe is to be pivotal to the story. None of the others are likely to die before more is revealed, or Naruto has been captured.

In any case, I no longer have any fear of Hidan or Kakuzu dying any time soon. Team Asuma, on the other hand... Well, I guess we'll just to have and see if any of them die. Shikamaru won't, that's for damn sure.

*~*End of Spoilers*~*

Though I've been giving the Naruto fandom a rest for the last two weeks, I've been watching the odd episode at The Worg Den. It's a site with every fansubbed episode of Naruto available by YouTube embed, in a drop-down menu. Meaning that searching for a fansubbed episode on YouTube is something you don't have to worry about, it's easier to watch the episodes from this site. So check it out, un.
The Konoha Genin
I hate to bring up the subject of fillers again (I really do) but I was thinking earlier that when the fillers end it will be my first time watching an animation based on a manga I've already read. I'll be able to compare each episode, the script, to the manga chapters, which I think will be very interesting. The closest I've ever come to that is the Harry Potter movies, but those are so compressed and cut-down due to the fact that they can only fit about 20% of the story into each movie, without it ending up 20 hours long.

Now for some fansites. Today I present to you three Japanese sites, one with doujinshi, one with some colourful Naruto fanart, and the other with really awesome Naruto gifs.

The first is omotemanga, a site with some brilliant Sakura-based doujinshi. The art is so similar to Kishimoto's style, and the stories, though all in Japanese, are very cute.
Example of omotemanga art
Example of omotemanga.
Next is yonabeya. Some very vibrant Naruto fanart can be found here, some of them shounen-ai.
yonabeya art example
Example of yonabeya.
Finally, VIENTO is the site with the Naruto gifs. You may have seen some of these gifs around the Internet before, but here's where they came from.
One-Tailed Naruto Running gif
Example of VIENTO gifs.
Must be finishing this off now; I'll update again next Thursday.
Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Snorts* Fuck you and your slow ass!! ROFLMAO, that chapter was so frickin' awesomesauce!

I thought that's what Shikamaru's plan was gonna be, so I wasn't disappointed, it's been like 5 mins for him to figure it out, when we've had weeks. XDD

But ROFL lok at Shikamaru's face when Hidan is still talking! LOLOLOOLLLLLLLOLOLOL *shot*
I really thought he was dead when I saw that decapitation panel! I went: 'OMG.' and then 'AHH FUCKIT'. And just as I was getting used to him being dead, he's frickin's alive, with him and Kakuzu being hilarious as ever. So much crack. Akatsuki are super funny. They can't die, I'm so glad he lives! XDD *waffles on forever*

Kakuzu better kick some Konoha butt next chapter!! SHANNARO!!!

~WHODOUTHINKITISLOL

Nettie said...

Yup, I knew it was the most logical thing to do. But compared to the strategy he formed to defeat Temari, this was pretty simple. Granted that he only had a few minutes to figure it out.

I was so glad Hidan wasn't dead too! XDD Akatsuki are such hilarious freaks!

I can't wait for the next chapter. I wonder if their back-up will arrive. XD Methinks they'll need it.