Thursday, October 05, 2006

Index of Manga

I am aware that chapter 326 was released yesterday, instead of the usual Thursday. However, I couldn't be bothered composing an update last night, I was really tired for some reason.
Sakura and Naruto by the river
*~*Spoilers for Chapter 326*~*
This chapter shocked me. Things actually happened! Like, some real action for the first time since the Naruto - Sasuke reunion.

To be honest, I was expecting the entire chapter to be comprised of Kakuzu carrying Hidan's head, Hidan reattaching his head, and Team Asuma staring on in horror, perhaps planning a hasty escape. Instead, those things happened in the first six pages, and then the whole chapter erupted into violent action!

And just look at this:-
Asuma before Hidan stabs them
That is the face of a doomed man.

Personally, I believe that Asuma's death is more likely than his survival, this time. Not only have all the clues been pointing to this, but it would be rather lame if Kishimoto were to save him twice in the space of a few chapters.

Then again, I do have a feeling that we're about to have something wholly unexpected sprung on us pretty soon. Surely Kishimoto can't go back to the boring training chapters, if events like this have taken place.

Yea gods, a week is too long to wait for the next chapter...
*~*End of Spoilers*~*

I have plenty to share this week.

First, here's something for those of us who've been keeping up-to-date on the Naruto manga - Friend in Tobi - an adorable and hilarious flash movie by Puffsagain. It's about Deidara and his clingy new partner (Tobi) to the Toy Story song "You've Got a Friend in Me". It also features the other Akatsuki members briefly.
Really Smart Lee
A page from the manga
I found another uselful website, like last week's Worg Den! This time it's an Index of Naruto Manga. You can read all of the chapters so far on this site, and it's easy to find a page for reference. It's kept updated, and is definitely useful for reading the older chapters. After all, who would want to download all of them? I've a whole new appreciation of the manga after reading several of the earliest chapters here.

I found a great Japanese fansite, with loads of Naruto and Akatsuki fanart:-
Cute Fansite
Click on on the image to view the site
This site has actually helped me to discover the joys of SasoNaru, KisaNaru and DeiNaru.

Thus, I found myself a DeiNaru fanfic - The Thing About Art by Letta. It's well-written, funny, and definitely worth a read. It's a one-shot so you can read it in one sitting.

By the way, I've updated the AMV Archive, and it now has a banner, which will appear in the side-bar. -->
AMV Archive Banner
I'm hoping fillers will be over before Christmas, it would be an even greater season for me if the Part Two anime finally began... Though I'm not optimistic. But here's a bit of optimism for you - it's a good thing that the fillers are lasting so long. It means that we'll have less need of stupid filler arcs during Part Two.

Come back again next week. In the mean time, be sure to check out the AMV Archive and my Fic Rec List; they've both been recently updated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must read 327 now! G'ah!! So much suspense! Hehe, I wasn't expecting Hidan to get reattached so fast either! =D That chapter was pure pwn! Kakuzu arm things were strange! He is Mayuri from Bleach!!! =O!!

Kukuku, Now I shall read the DeiNaru fic! ^^

~SARAWR

Nettie said...

Kakuzu and Hidan are both total freaks, worthy of being members of Akatsuki. If pigs flew out of their asses I would not be surprised, what with all these other weird jutsus the Akatsuki know.

God, I can't wait for the next chapter. I've gotta see Asuma's dying words!! T_T

Yes, the DeiNaru fic is good, indeed. ^^